2 / 5
BEERS WITHOUT FEARS contains hundreds of my alcohol free beer reviews, so if you are looking to check out low and no alcohol beers you've come to the right place (the web version offers a handy search option). And there are some great online retailers for you to shop at, such as The Alcohol Free Co, Wise Bartender, The Alcohol Free Drinks Company and Dry Drinker. Cheers!
Lakedown - Sound Alcohol Free Juicy Pale Ale
This is a 0.5% ABV pale ale "brewed with Sussex spring water", as it says on the 440ml can. It is both vegan and GF. The East Sussex brewery also produce an AF pilsner. The beer went flat very quickly upon pouring into a glass. Lemon is the fragrance that I noticed as I came to take a drink. The taste is both citrussy and floral. The light bitterness is very restrained and the mouthfeel is rather on the thin side. The hoppy finish is likewise rather lacking. The beer has won a silver at the 2025 world alcohol-free awards but for me it does not make that much sound. I would expect more volume from a "juicy pale."
