Days - Pale Ale

Oh no, I thought, the dreaded G word on the label; I've had enough grapefruit spritzers to last me a lifetime. Anyway...here goes. Days Brewing is a Scottish AF-only brewery and produce just two beers currently - including this pale ale. It is described as 0.0% ABV (the small print says not more than 0.05% ABV). In with the Scottish malted barley go the hop varieties Magnum, Herkules and CTZ (otherwise known as Columbus...or Tomahawk...or Zeus). Days say that the brewing involves "a unique double-fermentation process." The beer is vegan. The aroma is sweetly fruity. Now let me tediously list all the words from my tasting notes: soft, caramel, juicy, creamy, malty, citrus, pine, melon and floral. Exactly! No G word. That omission aside, it is a very well-balanced beer with a firm mouthfeel, moderate carbonation and a citrussy finish. Just no G. Excellent.

5 / 5